Congratulations to Haze Trio from Rose Bay Secondary College on winning YouthRock this year!
This year, 28 talented bands battled it out in the semi-finals before coming together at Sutherland Entertainment Centre for one final night of great performances on Sunday 17 April, the last day of National Youth Week.
YouthRock has been a key focus event of Youth Week in NSW since 2000. YouthRock has evolved from a local band competition run by Belmore Boys High School, to a state-wide talent search with winners including Silverchair, Alex Lloyd and 2009 Australian Idol runner up Hayley Warner.
YouthRock provides an opportunity for high school students to create and enjoy entertainment and to acknowledge and celebrate the positive contributions made by their efforts and achievements, one of the key objectives of Youth Week. It also showcases student bands to the music industry.
The competition is judged by music and recording industry representatives. The music and recording industry also provides more than $10,000 worth of prizes to the finalists.
Haze Trio received an amazing 1st prize package which included:
- $1000 worth of Zoom products from Dynamic Music
- 5 days of multi-track recording, mixing and mastering at Main Street Studios
- $750 of legal advice from Brett Oaten Solicitors
- 8 hours of rehearsal studio time from Zen Studios
- Photo shoot by David Lefcowitcz
- Quarter page ad in The Music
- Support gig courtesy of The Harbour Agency
Check out the Youth Week NSW facebook page for pictures from the final!