Who is eligible for a bursary in 2017?
A young carer aged 25 years and under (born in 1992 or later for the 2017 Bursary year); who is studying an approved course either full-time or part-time at:
- secondary school, or
- vocational and educational training such as apprenticeships or TAFE, or
- an undergraduate course at university; or
- not currently enrolled but will prove enrolment if granted the bursary, and
- will not be in receipt of another bursary or scholarship in 2017; and
- is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
What does it provide?
The young carer bursary programme will grant 333 bursaries of $3,000 in 2017, paid in quarterly instalments in February, April, August and October 2017. Bursaries are granted for 12 months with a new application process each year.
Applications open now!
Applications for 2017 bursaries opened on Tuesday 2 August and will close on Wednesday 14 September 2016. An online application form is available which is linked to the Young Carer website. If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, contact Carers Australia on 1800 756 238 to obtain a hard copy form.
An independent selection panel will make the final decisions about the granting of bursaries. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in November/December 2016.
Find out more: Website: www.bursaries.youngcarers.net.au
Email:email@example.com Phone:1800 756 238