Do you want to take more control of your own life? Do you want to become a leader in your community?
Apply to take part in the My Leadership Matters Program!
What is Become A Leader?
- A way to gain skills for leading your own life and/or become a leader in your community
- A way to learn from each other
Become a Leader programs are open to people with a disability AND family members of people with a disability.
There are two main parts to Become A Leader.
The first is an in person leadership training program.
The second is one-off workshops and resources.
What will I learn in My Leadership Matters Program?
There are two stages of the My Leadership Matters program. You can choose to do one or both.
Foundations of Leadership where you can:
- Grow leadership in your own life. This includes:
- Building a good life, making choice and exercising control
- Understanding yourself and how you are/can be a leader
- Speaking up for yourself
Social Change in Community where you can:
- Grow your leadership in your life and your communities. This includes:
- Understanding social change
- Working with others
- Making your message stick
- Looking after yourself
How do I apply?
There is only one Become a Leader program left to apply for. This is a Youth program for people aged 16 – 25 and will take place in Sydney starting in March 2016.
Applications for Young Leaders 2016 are due on December 16.
For more information, email: email@example.com or phone: 1800 144 653.